doubledover

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

it's not the heat....

I woke up with the worst headache known to man this morning. I guess it didn't help that I was awoken at 5AM by soft little "mommy"'s from the other room. The softness grew quickly to loudness and by 5:15 it was full-on yelling and jumping. "MOMMY! MOMMY!" *squeak squeak of crib-jumping* "MOMMYMOMMYMOMMY!" So there I found myself in the kitchen before sunrise searching desparately for ibprofen. Beloved swears it was last night's wine, but I disagree. How could something so yummy and refreshing be so evil? Personally I think it's the change of weather. Specifically, the heat that's drying the air at night. I'm seriously thinking of investing in a whole-house humidifier. Cause, you know, we've got all that extra money. At any rate, there in the kitchen, at ridiculous hours of the morning, head pounding with every "mommy" jump above my head, I thought of my childless friends. How they must be snoozing away at that very moment - comfey and warm, all snuggled in their beds. And for a brief moment I hated them. Sometimes I wonder why I did this to myself. I should say, for disclaimer's sake, that I love Eliot and I love being a mom... But crawling back up the stairs this morning I felt a little like Frodo at the end of Lord of the Rings. "No, Sam, I can't recall the taste of food... nor the sound of water... nor the touch of grass" Nor the serenity of sleep.

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Steph said...

OH, I can SOOOooo relate to that...

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

Ditto. But now I have it times 2.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home