doubledover

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Not-So-Helpful Desk

So I just got off the phone with the help desk. Here's the conversation:
*scene* Kim can't sign on to the system. She consults the documentation which says to call the Help Desk at (number given)
Help Desk Operator: Help Desk, this is Ron
Kim: Hi, Ron. I can't sign on to the system. It keeps telling me my user ID has been revoked. Can you help me with that?
HDO: well, I don't know! We're not programmers. *snickers like I'm a dumbass*
Kim: well, you ARE the Help Desk, right?
HDO: yes.
Kim: Then who should I call?
HDO: I guess I can give it a shot. what's your ID?
Kim: PMG07000
HDO: I've never heard of an ID like that.
Kim: I'm sorry to hear that.
HDO: PMG07000?!!?
Kim: Yes, that's right.
HDO: *sigh* hold on a sec... *muffled talking to a coworker* Ma'am? Try it now.
Kim: ok. *pause* nope, still says that my ID has been revoked.
HDO: *giant sigh* ok, I'm going to walk you through this.. in your user ID field type P M G 0 7 0 0 0. In the password field, type your password.
Kim. Ok, that's what I'm doing. *pause* Still revoked.
HDO: sounds like you've been revoked.
Kim: yes, it would seem so.
HDO: You'll have to call back tomorrow.
Kim: ok, who should I speak with?
HDO: just call this number.
Kim: will you answer?
HDO: I hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home